If I fall in love with one product from a brand, I usually always become obsessed with said brand and buy all of the products.
I thought I’d give you the low down on Pixi beauty because although it’s extremely hyped in the blogging world, I’d actually not tried Pixi until early this year.
Before I get started, I know there are quite a few of you who aren’t bloggers and may not know where to start with regards to skincare. If that’s you, I would recommend reading Caroline Hiron’s blog, she is a skincare guru and posted a really great article on skincare routines, which really helped me when I was starting out. Obviously I’m not a skincare expert, but if you do need any help, slide into my email/social media and I’ll help where I can!
Pixi Glow Tonic
The first product I purchased from Pixi was their highly coveted Glow Tonic. I mean, if it features at number 3 on Caroline Hirons top 10 acid toners, then obviously I had to try it.
What is Pixi Glow Tonic?
An oil and alcohol free toner that will suit all skin types (even the most sensitive). According to many skincare experts, the Pixi Glow Tonic is a perfect starter acid toner; both for younger skin (or morning toner for older skins). Glow Tonic contains a number of ingredients that really help improve the skin:
- Glycolic acid helps to exfoliate and resurface the skin
- Aloe Vera soothes and hydrates
- Witchhazel tones and firms
- Horse chestnut simulates the skin and circulation
- The combination of ingredients also helps to refine the appearance of pores and gently accelerates cell renewal to reveal glowy skin.
- All ingredients are vegan and Pixi Glow Tonic is not tested on animals
Why do you need it?
Acid toners a like taking your face to the gym. Various acids (of different strengths) obviously do different things. Glycolic acid (which is what Pixi Glow Tonic is made up of) is great for stimulating better collagen production and resurfacing your skin. Because of Glycolic acid’s make up, it can penetrate deeply into the skin and helps to exfoliate.
I’ve noticed an even skin tone and a reduction of my hyper pigmentation scars. I have seen a difference in my wrinkles (although I don’t have many atm), but it is also good at reducing the size of wrinkles too.
And how do you actually use it?
• Use: Either in the AM and PM or when you feel the need to exfoliate (but I use it an acid toner every day)
• Cleanse your face
• Saturate a cotton pad with Glow Tonic and wipe across face
• Follow with your normal serums/moisturiser
Remember to use an SPF if you’re going out in the sun as glycolic acid will make you more sensitive to the sun’s rays.
Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse
What is Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse?
So if you haven’t heard of Caroline Hirons, let me introduce you. She’s basically the skincare queen/God and knows all there is to know about skincare. She paired up with Pixi (one of her fave skincare brands), to create the first double cleanser.
Let’s start off with the basics, cleansing is THE most important step in your skincare (in my opinion). You need to remove ALL the makeup/dirt from your face first, otherwise anything you apply on top just won’t work as well. And can cause breakouts. Big no no!
Caroline Hirons Double Cleanse is formed of two parts (obviously, the “double” part of double cleanse – duh!);
• Turns from a solid cleanser to an oil.
• Various oils such as Vitamin E, Camellia and Primrose to help nourish, breakdown stubborn makeup and sunscreen
• Extremely light and creamy, helps to full cleanse the skin and prep for next skincare steps.
• With ingredients like Peptide Complex to help reduce lines and plump the skin. Arginie to improve cell renewal & elasticity and Vitamin C to promote collagen and protective skin.
How to use it?
It’s recommended to use daily in the evening. But I’ve also been using the second step in the morning on it’s own. But steps for the PM below:
- Use the solid cleanser first, apply a small coin sized amount onto dry skin
- Massage into the skin (I like to use circular motions). It will melt off makeup pretty nicely
- Remove oil with a wet muslin cloth
- Secondly, use a small coin sized amount of the cleansing skin and massage into the skin
- Again remove with a warm wet muslin cloth
- Follow with toner/serums/moisturiser etc.
It’s one of my favourite ever cleansers, and I’ve gone through a fair few!
Beauty Sleep Cream (PM moisturiser)
What is Pixi’s Beauty Sleep Cream?
An evening moisturiser which smells so relaxing. With ingredients such as lavender, lemon, mango and bergamot, it instantly makes me want to fall asleep when I apply it. A nutrient rich moisturiser which helps to hydrate, nourish and calm and rebalances the skin whilst you sleep.
How to use it?
- After cleansing and toning, apply the moisturiser as a final step.
- Apply a small layer (I usually use 2 pumps) all over your face.
- Suggested to use only in the evening
I would suggest you go and give this a smell before purchasing if you don’t like lavender scents, as it does have quite a strong scent. Although the results of using this for a month didn’t blow me away, it has left my skin feeling soft and hydrated.
If you purchase directly from the Pixi beauty website, you can get 10% off your first order. Or if you’re lazy, just shop the post below.
What Pixi products do you recommend?
Shop Pixi Products